Job Overview: Sojourners is seeking a temporary Associate Multimedia Producer to work with our digital team. The right candidate is a creative of many talents: From writing, producing, editing, and more, they’re not afraid to get their hands dirty in multiple aspects of the creative process. This is a 6-month position based in Washington, D.C., at our office.
- Work with the Sojourners multimedia team to generate new video, audio, and graphic content, being involved from ideation to completion.
- Creatively brainstorm new ways to tell stories through digital platforms. From short compelling documentaries, punchy graphic explainers, scripted short films, and other new media, you’ll be at the forefront of producing innovative content for sojo.net.
- Design graphic media elements such as online ads, website banners, memes, online marketing collateral, etc., as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year experience in multimedia communications.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative products (specifically Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop).
- Comfortable writing and editing scripts and have a knack for a good interview.
- Photographic and video proficiency.
- Ability to learn on the job and turn around projects on a quick timeline to work with the news cycle.
- Comfortable working in new mediums and formats to reach the widest audiences.
- Adaptable, self-starter, team player, able to juggle multiple projects at once.
- A passion for progressive social justice issues with a Christian perspective.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional reference contacts to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Sojourners is an equal opportunity employer that continually seeks to diversify its staff. People of color are highly encouraged to apply. Excellent benefits package for this temporary position includes paid health insurance, 10 days paid vacation, and a positive, faith-based work environment.